After months of hard work by hundreds of schools committed to saving the rainforest, the Sky Rainforest Rescue Schools Challenge finally came to a close on Friday 15th June.
We received an overwhelming number of entries from schools across the UK, the standard of which was extremely high. Our expert judge’s last week chose the winning teams and these schools have now been notified, now to announce the winners!
Grand Prize Winners:
We are delighted to announce, in equal first position the Grand Prize winning teams are The Monkey Shoppers and The Tiger Munchers St Mark's CE Primary School in Wigan!
The teams received joint 1st and have won £1,000 for their school! The school will also receive an all expenses paid trip to London to present their rainforest rescue ideas to a panel of important decision makers.
National Regional Winners:
As well as our overall grand prize winner from England, the judges chose three top teams from Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales all receiving £1,000 each.
• Our Scottish winning entry was The Staffin Scorpions from Staffin Primary School in Staffin.
• Our Welsh winning entry was from Energy Rescue from Rhymney Comprehensive School in Rhymney.
• Our Northern Irish winners are The Forest Rangers from Gillygooley Primary School in Omagh
Highly commended winners:
The judges were so impressed by the Competition entries they chose to award an additional three Highly Commended Prizes
• The Ecobugs from Netherfield Infant School in Mansfield received £500.00 for their impressive Competition entry
• The Capuchin Crew from Sir Harry Smith Community College in Peterborough received £250.00 as our Highly Commended winners
• The Year Five Explorers from Spring Grove Primary School in Isleworth also received £250.00 as our Highly Commended winners
Congratulations to all of our winners and a huge thank you to all of the teams that entered.